Thursday 10 October 2013

MINISTER OF AVIATION STELLA IS MORE CONCERNED ABOUTHER BEAUTY ––FANI-KAYODE

Stella Oduah made some comments about me which
were uncalled for, malicious and petty. She
reportedly said that I should "bow my head in
shame", suggested that I was "speaking out of
context" in my essay where I called for her
resignation and that I spoke under some "influence of
something or other".
My advice and counsel to her is to grow up and stop
being petty. She is meant to talk like someone who
befits her office and not like a market woman. I do
not like joining issues with women publicly which is
why I was very gentle with her in my essay though I
made my point. But this particular woman is
endangering the lives of our people with her
incompetence and insensitivity and we cannot just
keep quiet.
This is a woman under whose watch almost 200
people have been killed as Aviation Minister and
instead of focusing on how to save lives her
obsession has become smearing and abusing Femi
Fani-Kayode. This is a woman who only yesterday
told Nigerians that "accidents are inevitable" and
that they were "acts of God."
This is a woman who thinks more about how her
headscarf looks, her jewellry and the jewellry of
others more than she does about protecting Nigerian
air travellers.
If anyone should bury her head in shame, it is her
and not me . After just under 200 of our fellow
citizens have been killed under her watch instead of
abusing her critics and those of us that have
expressed our concern and offered our advise she
should be seeking repentance from God and
tendering her resignation. She should be attempting
to encourage the Nigerian people and assuage their
fears rather than indulging in petty and cheap
sideshots and an futile press war.
Instead of comforting the families of those that were
lost she is opening her mouth and abusing me. What
a shame! Under her tenure we have beautiful
terminals but deadly and blood soaked skies. Our
skies have become a death trap because she really
doesn’t care.
My advice to her is to shut up, get serious and focus
on doing her job rather than attempting to smear me
with her filthy lies and malicious innuendos . I raised
some serious issues in that essay that were clearly
above her education level and I avoided personal
insults. That is what civilsed people do. She should
learn from that and address the issues that were
raised rather than spend her time trying to kill the
messenger. When someone says that God is the
author of fatal crashes you know that it is not the
same God that we worship as that person.
It is the devil that causes accidents and kills people
and not God. You can say that a fatal accident is an
act of God only if the devil is your god. When I speak
and write I am under the influence of one thing and
one thing alone- the Spirit of the Living God who sees
through her and who knows her for what she is.
She is the one that is under the influence of one
thing or the other and not me . She is the one whose
hands are filled with blood. She is the one that must
bury her head in shame and no-one else. I will pray
for her because she needs it and I will pray for
Nigeria too.
May God deliver us from these people.
By Chief Femi Fani-Kayode

No comments:

Post a Comment